Clay took Ellie to their first Father Daughter Ball. It was held at BancorpSouth Center, complete with dancing and dinner and little Prom-like photos, and all the proceeds went to Le Bonheur.
She wore her All New Special Glittery Sparkle Princess Dress from her Princess Tea Party at the beach. She loves this dress. And I am so glad that I let her wear it. The Southern mama in me (and full disclosure, maybe some vanity) would normally have dressed her in something smocked or monogrammed. But y'all. This dress + Ellie = L.U.V.
And she looked precious in it.
She was so excited about the ball. She talked about it all day and as soon as she woke up from her nap she asked me if it was time for the ball.
We painted her toenails and fingernails. She sat perfectly still. Then we put her dress on and a tiny bit of chapstick ('Mommy I love chapstick you know...') and fixed her hair in a "princess bun". (Side note: I suck at doing little girls' hair. I cannot braid, my pigtails are always uneven and my ponytails are lumpy. I need to take a class before the tween years hit.)
She put on her 'jullllry' and then, oh, her face as she came down the stairs. She was anticipating- ANTICIPATING- Clay's response. At 3 years old! I had said nothing to her about looking pretty for the ball or 'Go show Daddy' or anything. I try to be sensitive to the value placed on physical appearance, especially when it comes to my little girl. But that desire, that need for our daddy's approval, well we are just born with it.
So she walks slowly over to her daddy and it's just seared in my memory, her sweet little face as she waited for him to notice her. And of course he did, and of course she was thrilled. What a blessing to see the bond between my husband and my daughter.
We took some pictures and off they went for an evening of Justin Bieber music, makeovers, fashion shows, chicken strips and dancing. I wanted to stalk them paparazzi style but Sam and I had a our own date to the uber-chic Barnes Crossing Mall district... Petsmart, Chick-fil-A and Great American Cookie Company.
Starting to get silly
This is her new favorite 'cheese!' face
Date night with my boy!
Snake-watching at Petsmart...
Followed by Chick-Fil-A, carousel rides and cookies at the mall.








No comments:
Post a Comment