Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Minnie Kitty

Ellie loves kitties. Sam and I like them. Clay, on the other hand, is a self-professed cat hater. He has said several times we will never have a cat. Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.

Enter Minnie...


This sweet little ball of gray fur was waiting on us in the Ballard Park Soccer Field parking lot one night. Walking around chattering at everybody, dodging all the cars after games let out. I tried three times to walk her over to the safety of the office buildings and she followed me back to our van every single time. The last time I sprinted and she ran after me. The kids were crying that she was GONNA GET HIT BY A CAR AND BE SMASHED. Clay was all NO WAY IS THAT CAT COMING HOME WITH US.

Whatever. Who leaves a kitten in a busy parking lot...

We were leaving for Disney World the very next day so I said, Fine, we'll let her stay here tonight and then she needs to find another home. Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.

By the next day, we had named her Minnie and left care instructions for her with our neighbor. 


A month later, she rules the roost. Comes in and out as she pleases. Puts the dogs in their place. Chatters really loudly first thing in the morning. Is super patient and tolerant with my kids and their constant chasing-holding-dragging of her. And my cat-hater husband has been totally and completely charmed...



No comments: