Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ellie Goes to School

Almost two months after everyone else, Ellie finally had her first day of school. She was SO EXCITED. She has been asking to go to school since the summer. Every morning when we would take Sam through the carpool line, she'd ask, 'Today I go school with Bubba?'. And on October 25, she finally got to go.

She was so proud to wear her pink backpack and walk in holding Sam's hand. And he was so sweet to her, showing her to the Younger Two's room, telling her he'd be just across the hall if she needed him. Precious babies. She met her teachers, Ms. Debbie and Ms. Kelly, and she already knew a couple friends from her gymnastics class.

When I left, she never shed a tear, just gave me a kiss and said, 'OK Mommy, bye-bye'. When I picked her up- early of course!- they said she did great, followed along with the class like she'd been there all along. I asked her if she liked school and she said yes, then I asked her if she made new friends and she said, 'Mommy, I a new friend!'

She's been going for almost a month now and just loves it! I am so thankful for her sweet teachers and the loving environment at FUMC. According to her teachers, she plays very well with the other kids, is very sweet, eats great (cafeteria food!) and LOVES the little music and movement class.

So excited to be going with Sam!

Very proud of her pack-pack


So grown up. How did that happen so fast?


Sweet brother



Walking to their classrooms...

Sam stopped to show Ellie his kindergarten room (no matter that she's been there 100 times)

...and then walked her down the hall to her room.


She started playing right away. See ya, Mommy!

No comments: