Tuesday, August 23, 2011

While the Cat's Away

Ellie is missing Sam big time while he is away but she is getting to enjoy some 'only child' perks while he's gone. One of which is watching Barney. Sam doesn't care for Barney (who does?) and so we never really watch it. I knew Ellie liked Barney but I didn't know she LOVED Barney. All this time I've thought she didn't care for TV... Turns out we just hadn't found the right kind of TV... in fact, the only reason I'm getting to blog right now is that she's been sitting motionless in front of Barney for the past 45 minutes. Is it wrong that I'm thrilled by this recent discovery??

We also started a little Mommy and Me gymnastics class this week. Poor second child, almost everything revolves around the older child's schedule and activities, so this will be a nice little time for just the two of us. She LOVED the class, learning forward rolls, bear hops, dancing with Ms. Kari and especially the stickers and lollipops at the end!

Bouncing!

Stickers from Ms. Kari

Monkey girl

Ellie and her sweet classmates, who will also be in her preschool class this year- Annalise Fagan and Elizabeth McLellan. Obviously, we have to go get a pink leotard!

No comments: