Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sam's Big Adventure

Sam left Sunday after church to spend FIVE WHOLE DAYS AND NIGHTS in North Carolina with my parents. All by himself.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't like it one bit. And I'm gonna be extra honest and say that I was really looking forward to this week. I kept thinking about all the things I'd get done. About all the fights I wouldn't have to break up. About all the sleeping in I would do!

And yes I'm getting some stuff done. I'm caught up on laundry. Getting caught up on blogging. I'm really hoping to get in that play room and throw some stuff away while the little hoarder angel is out of town. And I've slept til 8:00 two days in a row!

But I miss his sweet little voice. And his face. And even his stinky little morning breath in my face at 5:55 a.m.

He's having a big time with Nana and Papa. Dancing Bear Toy Store to play with the train table. Dad's Cats to see the model cranes. Dinosaur track hunts and trips to Piggy's for chicken and ice cream. This is his time- all by himself- without baby sister or baby cousin. I know this will be a special memory for him and I'm so thankful that he has such a strong bond with his grandparents.

But is it Friday yet?
Packed and ready to go.

See ya, Mom!

He asked several times if Ellie could go with him. Then he sat her down and had a very serious talk with her about how he was leaving and was really gonna miss her. And she started asking about 5 minutes after he left, 'Where Bubba go? Let's go get Bubba. Where Sam? Time go get Sam. Go Noo-Clina get Bubba. Miss my Bubba. Go get Bubba a-morrow?' This has pretty much been on repeat since he left. Sweet babies. They really do love each other. 

Big hugs

Lenny hugs.



No comments: