My computer is being screwy and I've not been able to upload any pictures from my camera since Easter. I feel like I am missing the chance to record so many memories and I want to take a minute to post some thoughts before they escape my foggy brain...
Sam has started T-ball which he loves... mostly. He loves hitting the ball and running the bases. He's really fast unless they make him wear the protective helmet- it covers his eyes and weighs as much as he does! Clay is coaching their team and the man has the patience of a saint. I already knew this but he really exhibits it when leading a team of 8 four-year-olds who mostly want to hit each other, go potty or ask for the 1000th time 'what's for snack???'. Ellie enjoys watching the games from the sidelines and eating popcorn.
Our baby Ellie has turned into a full-on kid, it seems. I can almost pinpoint when it happened, right around the middle of April. She started speaking in sentences and wanting to do everything Sam does. She also quit being quite so easy. All of a sudden, I can't take her anywhere, she refuses to sit still in grocery carts or restaurants and holy heck, this child can throw a fit like I've never seen. I thought her brother was a handful...
In early May, Sam hosted a precious Mother's Day Tea for me at his school. We sat at tables together and the kids served us tea and plates of fruit, cookies and crackers. They recited the Pledge of Allegiance, said the blessing and sang Mother's Day songs. Sam also gave me gifts he'd been working on with his class for weeks- a coffee cup, a picture of himself, some artwork and a little 'About Mommy' sheet that was hysterical. It was such a special day and I loved every minute of it. He was so proud and kept telling me, 'Mommy this is my best mother's day ever!!'
Speaking of school, Sam has completed his LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL. He is now officially a kindergartener. I can't even believe that is true or begin to process how quickly he is growing up. And he really is growing up. He is learning to be so kind to his sister, calm down when he feels like throwing a fit and show good manners and respect. He makes his bed every morning, clears his plate from the table and even gets to do big boy things like play in the park by himself.
I went out of town for the weekend in May and Clay stayed home with the kids. Ellie decided while I was gone that Daddy was the new favorite and basically prefers him for just about everything these days. I'm ok with that. I've had 2 years of being the favorite, Clay can have a turn. Even if I did birth her. With no pain meds.
In mid-May we went to Inlet Beach with the rest of my family. I think we all agreed it was the best vacation ever. Our house liTRALLy opened onto the beach and the kids loved playing in the sand and baby pool. Bo and Ellie loved the ocean and Sam even got in and had a good time when the waves were calm. The kids got along really well (better than the adults:) and we all rode bikes, went for jogs and walks and did a whole lot of sitting on the beach. Clay and I went to dinner with the Oxfords one night, and Mom, Susie and I even enjoyed a 3-hour 'Mommy Beach Party' with margaritas, snacks and laughter.
Now we are back in town, school's out and the kids are bored. We are doing lots of arts and crafts, playing in the sprinkler and trips to the park. Ellie turns 2 this week and her party is this weekend. Lots more memories to be made...
No comments:
Post a Comment