Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My First Ever Christmas Dinner Cooked By Me All By Myself

I've always ALWAYS been with my momma on Christmas and so she has always handled the cooking. Even last year when Nana and Papa were guests in our home I'm pretty sure I laid around and read magazines while she made Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding. I'm so spoiled. But this year Susie got to be the favorite and so I made a traditional dinner all. by. myself.

I kept it manageable, especially since there were only going to be 3 adults and 2 kids eating. Turkey, Dressing, Sweet Potato Crunch, Asparagus, Bread and Chocolate Chip Granola Oatmeal Pie. And it all turned out pretty good! Clay said everything was delicious (sweet man) but I think the dressing was a little salty. But overall I'm pleased with my first attempt!

We ate in the dining room like civilized people!


That turkey was goo-ood Clark. Zion Farms pastured bird brined in sea salt and maple sugar and roasted using Nana's butter white wine cheesecloth recipe.

my mooch a messy kitchen

these babies stayed in their pajamas all day

Pop-Pop even got to come eat Christmas dinner with us!

"... she provides food for her family..." Pr 31:15

and PIE!

No comments: