Sam is rapidly reaching that age where he will actually start saying things 'the right way' and I can't stand it. His little boy expressions are so cute. Of course I never correct him; I just want him to stay little!
He'll say, "I need some little help", instead of 'a little help'. Or "Remember when you were a little child did Nana was your mommy and sang you songs?" I love that he calls me a little child.
My favorite is "hers"... as in, "Hers needs to go take a nap, I think hers is sleepy".
He also has the sweetest thoughts on Jesus and God and Heaven. He's been all into Christmas and Santa lately, and I've been trying to explain that those are good and fun things but that the real reason we celebrate Christmas is the birth of Jesus and that even though Santa brings us the toys, we really get everything we want and need from God. I'm sure this is a lot for his little brain to absorb. The other day he asked me, "Would you please pray to God and Jesus to tell Santa to make me that toy from the mazagine for Christmas?" I guess as long as we are not praying to Santa we are doing ok...
No comments:
Post a Comment