Sunday, December 5, 2010

Conversation December 5th, 2010

I love pillow talk with Sam. It's the only time of the day where we are both very still and give each other our complete attention. Tonight we had the following conversation:

S: Mommy, when I grow up, guess what I'm gonna drive?
M: What...
S: A motorcycle.
M: Oh I don't want you to drive a motorcycle.
S: Why not?
M: Cause they are dangerous.
S: No, they're not.
M: Yes they are.
S: No, they're not.
M: Yes they are.
S: Mommy. Motorcycles are not dangerous. Guess what color it's gonna be.
M: What...
S: You have to guess.
M: Um, blue.
S: No
M: Red
S: No
M: Green
S: No-oo
(This went on for several minutes.)
M: Ok then what color?
S: Polka dotted. I'm gonna paint my motorcycle with polka dots, big ones, big purple ones when I grow up.


M: ... I don't want you to grow up.
S: Why??
M: Because I like you being little. I like you being my little boy.
S: Mom-my. I have to grow up. That's what little boys do. They grow up. That's what God says, that little boys grow up to be big mans. I have to grow up. I can't be little. That's what they do.
M: (laughing at this point), Yes baby, you are right. That is what little boys do. Just promise me when you grow up you won't be too big to hug me or sit in my lap.
S: MOM-MY. Big mans can't sit in laps!!

Aaaahhh, someone make it stop!

No comments: