Today I woke up and thought, I know, I'll stay home today and not run any errands or go to play group or anything, and I will totally get this house in shape. I will finish Christmas decorations and fold all that laundry and go through Sam's toys to make room for new stuff. Oh, and I'll make a big pot of yummy soup and as long as I'm cooking, I'll go ahead and boil a bunch of vegetables for Ellie's baby food. Oh OH, and address our Christmas cards. After I email everyone for the updated addresses since I can't find our address books. And while I'm at the computer, I'll finish listing all that stuff on eBay. Yes, and then tonight we can have a nice relaxing family meal in our CLEAN living room in front of the fire.
I mean, these were my honest and true thoughts at 6:36 a.m. And I fully intended for my hardworking husband to come home to this:

And this:

And even a little of this:

Instead, he came home to this:
Nice, huh? I didn't take a picture of myself because the showerless disgustingness was too gross for film. And if I could add a soundtrack to these pictures, you would hear a screaming baby and the whiniest three year old on the planet.
But not all was lost. He did get a little of this:
And a lot of this...
1 comment:
And you wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!
Don't you know those "ladies" (we are "girls" by the way)in the pictures were so uncomfortable???
Great post
Post a Comment