Thursday, October 1, 2009

August Trip to NC

At 3 months old, Ellie was well past due for her first road trip to the Carolinas- Sam had already been three times by that point in his life. So we loaded up the MINIVAN -aka Parent Sanity Saver- and made the trek. (Seriously, how did we ever survive without that thing. I heart it so much. I don't care if it's considered cool or not. Really I'm not even that concerned about the economy anymore or how Obama is going to ruin all our lives and destroy health care and we are going to be poor socialists who wait in line for toilet paper because me and my family of four can totally live in our minivan.) It wasn't a bad trip but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to do it by myself. Luckily sweet Clay was willing to drive us out on a Saturday, fly to Tupelo on Sunday, fly back to North Carolina the next weekend and drive us all home. Best. Husband. Ever.

We had such a great time while there...

Spent an afternoon at the river in Pisgah Forest. I used to go all the time to take Sadie swimming when we lived there. I really can't believe I ever got in that water, it is SO COLD.


Bo thought it was cold too!





We also spent several mornings at this great little park near Nana and Papa's house. Thank God for it cause Sam was climbing the walls with boredom in the House of No-Don't-Touch-That. We went almost every day to play and feed the fish. Which some lady informed me we shouldn't do because we were messing up their natural ecosystem. Apparently pretzels are dangerous to the fragile balance of life in the MAN-MADE pond filled with transplanted tropical fish...

Ellie at the park


Sam endangering wildlife
The poison snacks

We had a few rainy days while there. Rainy day light is great for photos and even this Auto-Focus only photog got some great shots of Sam in his raincoat:

Watering the tree that Nana and Papa planted for him

Found a capertiller
Flying
Just being dang cute

No comments: