Friday, December 5, 2008

One of Those Days...

Sam is generally very adept at entertaining himself when we are at home. He can be a holy terror in public and throw tantrums at restaurants that make Regan look docile but when we are at our house, he is basically an easy kid. I know I am lucky in this regard- I am normally able to let him play on his own while I do laundry, straighten up, check Facebook, etc. He rarely 'gets into things', keeping mostly to his trains and books and puppy dogs. I've heard several parents say if it's quiet, they know their little one is up to something not good but I am glad to say that is just not the case with Sam.

Until today.

Today Sam threw an entire carton of eggs on the floor, busting them all over the kitchen rug; colored my coffee table with red crayon; slid a step ladder over to the fridge so he could hold down the water button for a good five minutes; ate three, yes THREE, handfuls of dog food; pulled all the medicine out of my bedside table; plugged in his Christmas tree himself; 'discovered' my make-up drawer; peed on his upholstered chair; and helped open some of the presents I just wrapped and put under the tree.

Someone remind me why I'm having another one of these...

2 comments:

Mary Margaret said...

Oh, my!!! Sam does have another side to him that I just didn't know.

Lori Robertson said...

Wow... big day for Sam!!!