I got this off of someone else's blog. Cut and paste this onto your own email or blog to share with friends and see how others celebrate!
1. Where will you spend Christmas this year?
at my parents house in North Carolina
2. What is Santa (hopefully) bringing you? What is he bringing your spouse and kids?
me- a new camera; Clay- a new phone; Sam- a pop-up playhouse and some cowboy boots
3. How do you celebrate Christmas Eve?
We go to a Candlelight service at my parents church where Susie and I get the giggles and make Clay mad. Then we eat supper at my parents house. We always have to watch some old Christmas classic like the original A Christmas Carol or Its a Wonderful Life. We have to. Ask my dad.
4. What Christmas activities are you looking forward to this year?
I love the Reed's Christmas Parade downtown. Oh and eating.
5. What is your typical Christmas Day dinner?
mmm...turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce (real, not canned), green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, brown rice, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes...rolls or deviled eggs sometimes...pecan pie and coconut creme pie. basically we repeat Thanksgiving.
6. What is your typical Christmas Eve meal?
we're still working on this...one year we had chili, another we did take-out Chinese...I think chili might win out this year
7. Is your Santa Claus wrapped or unwrapped?
every single present is wrapped and we take turns opening them individually. i'm not kidding.
8. How do you decorate for Christmas?
I have a 'pretty' tree with white lights and gold ornaments and all that and then we put a tacky family tree in the playroom with homemade ornaments and big colored bulbs.
9. Fake tree or live tree?
fake. i miss the live tree but a fake pre-lit is sooo much easier.
10. White lights or colored lights?
white
11. Favorite Christmas song?
hmmm...this is a toss-up between two classics- All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey and This Christmas by Wham!
12. Favorite Christmas memory?
Susie and I slept in the same bed every Christmas Eve until we were married.
13. Do you love Christmas or just pretend to?
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I'll take a lie detector test.
14. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Egg nog but not this year...
15. Colored lights or white?
white
16. What kind of cookies do you leave Santa?
Santa's Whiskers- these coconut shortbread cherry things my mom makes.
17. Favorite Christmas gift of all time?
when I was 8 or 9, my parents gave me a purple jambox that I immediately put on my shoulder and walked down the street with the music playing. I was really cool, even for a 9-year-old.
18. What tops your tree?
a burlap bow and a spray of gold swirly things
19. Favorite Christmas movie?
I really like Elf and The Christmas Story.
20. Favorite ornament?
the Baby's First Christmas ornament from when Sam was 3 months old
21. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
yes, we play a game called Christmas Eve gift. First person to say 'Christmas Eve Gift' to another person on Christmas Eve gets a gift from the other person. My parents started it and Susie and I played it for years until we got married, now we play it with our husbands. 12:01 a.m. counts
22. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
probably the crossword puzzle that had been worked and then erased
23. Are you still buying presents on Christmas Eve?
yes but just stocking stuffers!
24. Most annoying thing about the Christmas season?
people that get all crazy and grumpy and mean. its supposed to be fun, people!!
25. Favorite thing about the Christmas season?
everything! the hustle and bustle and decorating and food and seeing friends and family. I am a huge Christmas dork!
2 comments:
I am going to have to ask you to not come over to our house for the entire Christmas Season. Our tree is front and center in our house. The lights can be seen from a block away. And, let's just say, the ornaments are home-made. Not kidding. Don't make fun!
aw I won't make fun! I love a homemade tree. I'm just psycho :)
Post a Comment