Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Take My Life

We sang this song at church a few weeks ago. I just love this hymn and the lyrics are such a beautiful prayer. It was written by Frances Ridley Havergal in 1874 and there is a modern version by Chris Tomlin.

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing,
Always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

5 comments:

Mike Baer said...

I agree...and it does this old man's heart to hear you quote it!

Gerrick, Dana, Trace, and Anna Kate said...

One of my favorite hymns too! Oh, and I love the Chris Tomlin version. So glad to see that contemporary artists are bringing back the "oldies but goodies!"

We love our new camera...it's a Nikon D60.

Glad to hear Sam likes the "big boy bed." We keep trying to move Trace too, but he keeps saying, "no, I wanna sleep in "dere"..(meaning, the crib)-he's a little attached and it's kinda sad...he's two and a half and still sleeps in a crib!!!

Gerrick, Dana, Trace, and Anna Kate said...

Hey again-about the camera...the Nikon D40 is 6 megapixels and the
D60 is 10 megapixels. There is also a D40x that is 10 megapixels, but it is the same price as the
D60. I think they are not making anymore D40x models. Also, the D60 has a self cleaning system that keeps the body of the camera free of dust-this cleaning happens every time you turn the camera on and off.
There is about a $200 difference b/t the D40 and D60. I felt that it was worth it to go ahead and get more megapixels for enlargements.
Hope this helps!
Oh, and I'm going to be making a comment on my blog about another old hymn...it was talked about in the sermon this morning...I thought of you. Check for it soon!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.