Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Everyone has advised me to put off the transition to the Big Boy Bed for as long as possible. 'Keep 'em in the crib where they can't get out!' And so I have tried and tried to keep Sam in the crib, but he just hates the thing. He never liked it as an infant, preferring my arms or the swing for snoozing. Around 6 months, he started sleeping in it more and more, and actually got to a point where he would sleep 8-10 hours. That did not last for long, however, and now he is back to waking up every 2-3 hours and crying to come get in the bed with us. I'm not a big cry-it-out-er and since he is such a good climber, I was afraid if I left him to figure things out, he would catapult himself over the side and break a bone. So, I decided on a whim to see if he would like sleeping in a bed better, since I already know he LOVES sleeping in our bed (seriously, he can sleep 13 hours solid as a brick if he's in bed with us). I set up the guard rails on our guest bed and we've read books in there and taken naps in there and last night- only his second night to try it out- Sam Crabb slept in his real bed all night long.

2 comments:

Lori Robertson said...

Awesome!!!! JC was the same way. He still likes to get out and come get in our bed in the middle of the night sometimes, but since he gets up and comes in there on his own, oftentimes without me ever waking up - it is OK with me.

Anonymous said...

Whew-hoo!! Go Sam! He's such a big boy!