Monday, June 9, 2008

Boo at the Zoo

We took Sam to the Memphis Zoo on my birthday. It was so very hot but Sam had a blast! I don't think I like the zoo though...stinky and hot and sad.

The Waterfowl Exhibit was Sam's favorite. He stood and quacked at the ducks and flamingos for 20 minutes- and threw a huge fit when we left for the next exhibit.




















I'm pretty sure that the polar bear's natural habitat is not at all similar to that of Memphis, Tennessee. This poor thing just kept writhing and swatting at flies. I'm sure the boiling pool of water next to him is not nearly as refreshing as the zoo officials would have you believe.




What a hot sweaty mess! The seal exhibit was air conditioned, so we hung out there for a few minutes.





















The rhino kept talking to us, so of course Sam 'moo-ed' back at him.














Sam did NOT enjoy the carousel. This is not the first time he has screamed his way through a carousel ride; we tried this last year in D.C. and he was terrified. I thought maybe by now he would think it was fun...not so much.

No comments: