This morning we had a special first day breakfast of French toast and bacon, had our devotions, practiced our scripture and Sam prayed aloud for God to give him a good day of Kindergarten. Then it was time! I had butterflies in my stomach but I didn't cry... I think taking a million pictures helped keep me occupied.
Packed and ready to go!
Trying to hug Ellie goodbye but Sassafras wasn't interested...
...so we bribed her with bacon.
So big!
SPRINTING to the car. Don't think separation anxiety is gonna be an issue today.
Found his hook
I feel really blessed that Sam gets to go to Kindergarten at the same school he has been attending preschool for the past couple of years. He knows everyone- including his 'new' teachers- and is totally comfortable with the environment and his classmates. I can't imagine how I'd feel if he were going to 'big school' all day by himself. Luckily, we have another year before we have to cross that bridge.
Hugging on Ms. Aimee. We are so excited that she is our teacher this year!
Loving Ms. Kathy- he told me this summer he loved her cause 'she's the funnest on the playground'.
My sweet boy
Already hard at work
I asked him for one more quick picture before I left and this is the look he shot me. Ugh, heart. breaking.
I love you, sweet big boy of mine, and I'm so proud of you. I love watching you grow into such a kind, sensitive, funny child. You delight me all the time, and I can't imagine my life without you. I know you're going to do great, mighty things as you go into this world, but always remember to run back and give Mommy a big hug.




1 comment:
i have tears!...and i heart red keds
Post a Comment