Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ellie's 18 Month Stats

Yes I realize she's 22 months. This is just how it rolls with two kids. I imagine if I ever have a third baby, he/she won't even have stats.

At her 18 month check up (which we had at 21.5 months), Ellie was 23 lbs and 36 inches. She is 15% for weight and 50% for height- which is GIGANTIC in this family of shorties.

I know I've said this before but she is hysterical. All of a sudden she has grown up. Or as they say in Mississippi, 'she's so grown!'. Clay and I were just saying the other night how, literally like 2 or 3 weeks ago, she was still a baby and now she is like this full blown kid.

She speaks in full sentences. Like, 'More bacon weeze Mommy', and 'Help weeze Mommy' (this was said when she got 'stuck' laying on her back) and 'HUSH MOUTH DOGS!' or 'NO MORE BUBBA!'

Her favorite thing to do is 'go bye-bye, get Bubba weeze?'. She loves to get in the car and go get Sam from school.

And this sweet angel PRAYS. Like for real, bows her head and prays. Nana and I caught her doing it in the stroller one day. She had folded her hands and was bowing her head and mumbling, 'Daddy dayyy, Papa dayyyyy, Bubba dayyyy, Nana dayyy, BoBo dayyyy...', then she started singing God Our Father. She has heard Sam and I pray about our day at morning devotions.

Ellie loves music. She sings Happy Birthday, Jesus Loves Me, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, and her latest favorite is Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee. She'll do the sign for 'more' and say, 'More baby bee weeze, baby bee baby bee.'

She wants to do EVERYTHING Sam does. If he goes down the slide, she goes down the slide. If he eats pancakes for breakfast, she wants pancakes for breakfast. If he walks a certain way around a bush, she has to go the exact same way.

She is generally so sweet and funny but she does have a bit of a temper. When she throws a fit she slaps her own mouth and screams. Then I say, 'Do you need to go to timeout?' and she puts herself in time out. Walks over, plops down on the stairs or a chair, sits and thinks for a few minutes and then hops up and says, 'all done!' It's pretty cute. Probably not very effective discipline but cute nonetheless.

I can't believe she will be TWO soon, the time is flying by. She is so fun and I am enjoying her so much. Thank you Jesus for making me her mommy!

No comments: