Monday, July 12, 2010

June 2, 2010


Ellie woke up a little cranky on the day of her first birthday but I didn't think much of it. By naptime though, she felt pretty warm so I took her temp- 103.8! That is HIGH in my opinion, I normally do not freak out about fever but my kids rarely run anything over 101. SO we made a trip to the pediatric clinic, where she was diagnosed with the dreaded fever virus. Which takes 3-4 days to run its course = canceling her birthday party 2 days later. Sad face.

But we did get a nice surprise when we came home from the doctor- my dad came to visit. Clay kept a good secret, I had no idea he was coming! He and Sam picked Papa up at the airport while Ellie and I were the at the doctor's office; Clay told Sam he had a special surprise for him... when he saw my dad he said, "Hey Papa!! Where's my gurprise??"

Poor bird didn't even get cake on her birthday, just a couple presents and a lousy old fever. But she was sweet as ever and had a good couple of days playing with Papa.

Good morning kiss for the birthday girl

Sam helped me make birthday pancakes for his 'Baby Ellie'

Birthday Hugs!

Playing with the ball that Sam gave Ellie
"Happy Birthday to you..."

Later that afternoon with Papa, opening presents. She got a copy of Anne of Green Gables from me (my all-time favorite book growing up), a shape sorter and stacking toys from Daddy, a Tinkerbell ball from Sam and the first chapter of her very own "Ellie" book from Papa. My dad writes a chapter for each grandchild every year.

New toys

Worn out little 1-year-old

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm sure your dad couldn't have been happier! :0) I can't believe she is a year old already!

Leigh Ann said...

LOVE that your dad writes for his grandkids!!
And E's sunhat is the cutest thing ever!

Old Loripalooza Site said...

What a sweet girl! Leave it to the little ones to throw a kink in our ready made plans. Sounds like she came out pretty well in the gift dept:) And unexpected visits from the grandparents are always a good surprise!