Monday, July 5, 2010

Conversation July 5, 2010

Laying in the bed with Sam tonight...

S: Mommy, when I gonna get married and get a ring like yours?
Me: Well, you will get a ring like Daddy's and your wife will get a ring like mine.
S: When?
Me: Someday, when you meet a pretty girl and you like her very much, you'll buy her a ring and marry her.
S: Where is that girl?
Me: I don't know. Somewhere. But God knows where she is.
S: I think she lives in Califorchna. Let's pray and tell God that.
Me: Ok.
S: Dear God, I gonna marry a pretty girl with a ring in Califorchna. Thank you, Amen. Now you pray Mommy.
Me: Dear God, Someday Sam is gonna grow up and marry a girl and I pray that I like her and she likes me. Amen

(quiet for so long that I thought he had fallen asleep...)

Sam: Mommy, I think I just marry you.

AMEN.

2 comments:

helen said...

Well that is just precious. Thanks for sharing.

I am considering a blog myself. Kinda feeling over FB and wanting to make voyeurs/semi-voyeurs into my life take the one extra step of having to type in/bookmark my blog address. Plus, I can actually pen some things that might function as a virtual baby book for Walker one day. She's got no shot otherwise ... her really cute one has no pages becasue they're in a file folder on my bedside table, completely untouched for the last 12.5 months. Awesome.

Leigh Ann said...

Ahhhh...precious! I think we all need to arrange some marriages!