Easter was so special for us this year because Sam is old enough to really start to understand the Easter story. He came home from school one day and told me that Jesus died on the cross and some bad men put a crown of horns on his head and spit on him. I know he doesn't really 'get it' yet but it is so sweet to watch his little heart start to learn the truth of what Christ did for us.
Easter morning
Yes, it's still dark outside. Sam woke up at 5:20 to see what the bunny brought him- some cars, new LMaxx games, a DVD about The Three Trees, an apron (thanks Nana!), a recorder (what was I thinking) and some organic gluten-free honey cookies. Yes, I'm that mom. Ellie got some books, baby toys and puffs but mostly she just wanted to play with the plastic eggs in Sam's basket.
Not loving her Walmart bunny ears.
After we opened our Easter goodies, we went to church AS AN ENTIRE FAMILY. This happens so rarely- somebody is always sick or tired, or sick and tired. But we made it for Easter service and I'm so glad, it was such a beautiful service. Totally Christ centered. And my children were so. well. behaved. Ellie slept in my arms through the entire service and Sam sat in Clay's lap and was (mostly) quiet. When Reverend Ray came out in his white robe, he whispered to Clay, "Hey Daddy, IT'S JESUS." When Clay told him it wasn't actually Jesus, he said, "oh it's an angel... Where is Jesus?" Clay said Jesus was in heaven and in our hearts, and he turned and looked at me with wide eyes and whispered in that loud whisper: "MOMMY, JESUS IS IN MY HEART!!". Oh I love that precious boy.
My sweet babies in their Easter best.
My cup runneth over.
2 comments:
I have tears....such sweet babies!!!! And I think they are sweetest in the spring!
Aren't they just the best??!!?!?
Beautiful pictures!! I love their little white Easter outfits! You look great too!!
Post a Comment