Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dear Sam,

Three years ago God gave you to us and our lives have never been the same. I remember when I found out I was pregnant with you, I was so scared the entire nine months- scared that something would be wrong with you or that I would be a terrible mom. And then you were born and you were just so perfect. I stayed up that entire first night with you and just watched you, counting your breaths. I loved you instantly, completely, unconditionally.

I have enjoyed the first three years of your life so much. I have enjoyed holding you and nursing you, reading books to you and playing trains with you. I have enjoyed teaching you things and taking you places. I have enjoyed watching your energy as you run around the playground, your excitement when you see an airplane, your gentleness in picking up a caterpillar. I have enjoyed cuddling with you in bed. I have enjoyed hearing you tell me about your day at school, sing along to your favorite songs and watching you do gymnastics. I have enjoyed saying sweet prayers with you and tucking you in at night. I have enjoyed comforting you when you are sad and helping you when you are angry. I have enjoyed every little thing about you and I still do.

You are one of the great loves of my life, Sam Crabb. I love you so much sweet boy, and thank God for you every day.

Love, Your Mommy

No comments: