So, we decided two weeks ago to start the transition. I was prepared for World War III over this transition, complete with wailing and gnashing of teeth- but it was an AMAZINGLY easy ordeal. He protested some, fussing a little less each night and after a few days, he just gets under his covers with his loves and goes to sleep! WHOSE CHILD IS THIS?
The only caveat was that he started waking up at 5:30- wide awake and ready to play and eat beal-beal (oatmeal). My friend Hayley suggested putting an alarm clock in his room and set it for the time we wanted him to get up (within reason, of course, I don't think 10 am would work). Last night, we put the clock on music to go off at 6:30 am, told him he had to stay in his bed until the radio played and went to sleep thinking there was no freaking way this was gonna work. Then, miracle of all miracles, the kid comes running into our room this morning at 6:35, "Mommy, the mucis, the mucis!!".
Maybe it was a fluke and maybe I'm counting my chickens, but I think tonight we'll set the alarm for 7:00...
3 comments:
Yea, Sam!!! So funny how those things we really dread turn out....most of the time not too bad.
Wow! That's awesome! Glad it's been a fairly easy transition. Hopefully, the alarm clock trick will keep working! Good luck and keep up updated! Yay for Sam Crabb (and mommy & daddy!!).
Yay!!! So happy for you!!!
Post a Comment