Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sam's Words

Sam is slowly building his vocabulary- some of his words are pretty indiscernible (that is a word, I looked it up) and some of the words he has are pretty random. I've been kind of worried about his language ability, especially since little girls his age are reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. So I thought I'd make a list of all his words...not as bad as I thought...

kitty
ball
forse (horse)
Jeremy (?)
Naneez (Savannah)
dog
no
mine
no-mine!
Thomas (as in the train)
choo-choo's
car
crut (truck)
go
bye-bye
walk
Mommy
Daddy
Papa
Pop-pop
Nana
Tadie (Sadie)
Shucy (Lucy or Susie...Susie if he knows what's good for him :)
waffle
oatmeal
cookie
cracker
uh-oh
colors
please
thank you
me
hello
outside
upstairs
juice
pat-pat
vroom
meow
moo
quack
ruff-ruff
boat

And his favorite word- shoes!

2 comments:

Gerrick, Dana, Trace, and Anna Kate said...

Hey there-I wouldn't be worried at all about his language-and take that coming from a speech/language pathologist. I was worried about Trace for the longest time-and then one day it just all started to click. Looks like he has quite a list of words, and before you know it he will start putting them together to make phrases-like overnight! Oh, and I know what you mean about the girls talking faster...it really is true. Your family is precious!

Unknown said...

Um, Mommy- I think you forgot his actual favorite word/phrase.. "DOWN!" "I DOWN!!" And for the love of God, "Doggies" better be on that list!